Sunday 9 September 2012

Getting My Life Back


Thanks a billion and over the last few days, I have received overwhelming support FB messages, smses, calls and compliments from my former students informing me of their passes and asking me not to give up lecturing. Even Accountants and students whom I didn’t know said they heard many good things about me. It greatly lifted my spirit and I think the truth has finally prevailed. There is too much messages that I can’t reply all of them with my slow typing skills, my deep apologies.

I hope my students won’t condemn other lecturers because as I have always said in my class that all lecturers and their methods are equally good. Everyone has their strength and criticising other lecturers doesn’t make us any better; it just goes to show how insecure and incompetent the person is. I was hurt earlier by such unfounded remarks and I hope no other lecturer should ever take this kind of insult anymore in the future. It is perfectly OK to support our lecturers but don’t step on other lecturers to make our favourite lecturer look good.

I have never expected that this event to turn out so positive for me instead. All my former students stood up for me and they remembered things that I taught them. Most of them told me that they have already become Accountants and that my consolidation method and exam technique helped them to pass. One even still held on to my notes for reference during work. I even received sms from my former student in China trying to console me. Fyi, blogspot.com is not accessible in China and she got the article from another student. Thank you so much for your concern and definitely

That thought was only momentarily when my emotion overpowered me. I shall forever cherish the wonderful moments lecturing you all and it is a great honour being your lecturer.

I have written a few more parts to defend myself but I think they are no longer necessary and I shall not continue to post them any longer. What needs to be said has been said. So for now, I wish to put all these behind me and move forward. There is so much I need to do for my students. Reminds me, I still have a stack of assignments not yet marked. When I was having class last Friday, I asked if anyone read my blog. Some nodded and from their face I knew there is no doubt in my teaching or my method now. We can move on more confidently and I thought to myself that perhaps all this is just a blessing in disguise!

Best regards,

Joe Fang

3 comments:

  1. U r the best lecturer ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sir,

    You may not remember me but that's alright. Was your student back in June 2011 sitting for P2. Been following your posts since the drama unfolded. And am very glad to be reading the above post now. People will always talk which is beyond your control, but the truth always prevails. Do not give up something you love doing. What doesnt kill you will only make you stronger :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, that's not only "what doesn't kills you make you stronger". You may think of THEM as "sandpaper". They may scratch you, rub you the wrong way, but eventually… you end up smooth and polished. The sandpaper?? it will be worn out and ugly… Never loose sight of who you are, because you are the best thing god ever created! embrace the gift….

    ReplyDelete