Wednesday 30 September 2015

How it all began (Part 1)

The day was January 2015. As the new semester unfolds, my ACCA classes have just started. Everything was just the usual, nothing new, and classes were like normal. It is always that when things look like the usual that a change is already coming, waiting to reveal itself…



I received a WeChat message from Sivasathish asking for my timetable at Malvern College as we often share common students taking both our papers. Little did I know that at one time my P2 students were also in his P1 and P3 classes and because our revision classes were conducted on the same days, he has to conduct 2 separate revision classes. He is so kind as to suggest that he will accommodate my time despite having such hectic schedule himself.

I felt that I should be the one accommodating him instead but many times and in fact all the time, I just have to accept the timetable handed to me by the college. As often as it has been, our timetable always clashes.

But unfortunately, my revision class and next semester’s timetable is not out yet. To make him feel better, I also told him that I am recording my live classes and have made available the recordings to all my students in the event that our classes clashes. But then again, we know for a fact that students prefer the live classes than recordings.

Right then, I can only hope for the best…

There wasn’t much we can do or perhaps,

just perhaps,

maybe there is something we could do. But somehow, we never thought of it then.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to know that there are still lecturers being so kind to considerate.. the difficulties that all student faced.
    Colleges use to clashed all the TT with possible competitors to boost their student rate. So called " kill the competitor ", in fact they "kill the students".
    Most lecturer as an former ACCA student, should have understood the feeling of being "Killed" in such a way...
    Students comes from various family background and working hard to grad. Is really not easy....
    We trust that you know this! And we always find that you are the most ethical, considerate and kind ACCA lecturer that we ever had!
    With the new team of lecturing, wishing you all the best and may the team embrace the spirits of " Lecturing for student to passed their exams "
    Cheers!
    Joey Tan

    ReplyDelete